Mental Health Family and Friends Tasmania (MHFFTas) is calling for expressions of interest from families and friends to participate in a free, online training opportunity for family and friends of people living with mental ill-health.
- is ideal for people who want to learn how to better support a family member or friend to access supports through the NDIS, with the potential to lead to paid work to support other family members in a similar position.
- has been specifically designed to prepare participants to provide phone and video support in a peer work capacity.
- Includes learning elements of self-care and supported decision making.
- covers the process of supporting a person with psychosocial disability to prepare and complete an NDIS application.
- is funded by Primary Health Tasmania. Training will be delivered by the Mental Health Council of Tasmania.
Do you have access to a computer and stable internet service? The training will be delivered to a small group as a series of online sessions over the course of one week in June (training dates to be confirmed). You will be using Zoom video conferencing to participate in the training, and technical support can be provided to help you get online and access the training.
Places are limited, so we need to restrict to those who provide unpaid support to someone with mental ill health.
Expressions of Interest are welcome from across Tasmania. Once your Expression of Interest has been received, Mental Health Families and Friends Tasmania will be in touch to discuss the opportunity with you in more detail.