The Mental Health Council of Tasmania’s (MHCT) plans to host a series of youth mental health community engagement sessions in regional and rural communities across the state during March.
- are the next phase in the work arising out of the Tasmanian Youth Mental Health Forum (2019). MHCT is interested in engaging local communities to foster a common understanding of, and to create a shared vision for, an integrated youth mental health system in Tasmania.
- will also help MHCT understand any community-specific nuances to consider in any planning around youth mental health system integration.
- are for anyone working with young people aged 12 to 25 in the youth mental health sector, or with youth more generally (i.e. community development, education, primary care, counselling and psychosocial supports), as well as interested community members.
In addition, MHCT will also hold youth-specific sessions to hear directly from young people about:
- what supports are working well for them,
- what challenges they face around access to good mental health supports in their community,
- and what ideas they have about how mental health services could be improved.
For enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6224 9222.