mental health families and friends TASMANIA and Primary Health Tasmania will be providing a half a day workshop for family members, friends and community members, impacted by suicide bereavement to a half day support and connection workshop and lunch in the North and North West in August 2021.
We want to share some details on what you can expect from this workshop and what the activities will touch on!
Workshop: From Heartache to Hope –
This workshop, delivered by Wendy of Talking about Training, will focus on suicide bereavement/loss and what makes it unique. Wendy will talk about the impact of grief as well as self-care, and support options for people impacted by suicide.
- Suicide loss – what makes it unique.
- Grief and trauma – the co-companions of suicide loss.
- Impact and effects of traumatic loss.
- Awareness opportunities to help.
- Caring for ourselves and others in a time of grief.
- Self-care and maintaining health and wellbeing.
- Local support services and resources for referral.
Wendy is from Tasmania and is an experienced suicide prevention and postvention trainer and has been working with people who have a lived experience of suicide for many years.
Media will not attend these events.
Upon registering for the events, we will provide you with all the details, including the venue location.
Registration links will be updated on this page by 14th July 2021.